July 05, 2008

Les Rallizes Denudes - Blind Baby Has Its Mothers Eyes (Japanese Rock, 2002)...


Blind Baby Has Its Mothers Eyes is a huge linear album of massive slabs of intoxicating sound, which fly around the room and clog up your ears and hassle your pets as they go about their everyday business. The bass lines are as monolithic as the Rallizes have ever got, and certain places see them drop away in a non-reggae dubby-style that leaves the top end teetering like a tiny boat waiting to be swallowed by a whirlpool. In places, the lead guitar seems even more extravagantly committed to total oblivion than ever, but here Mizutani seems to have intentionally ditched the between rhythms, normally played by hi-hats and chugging guitars, in a desire to bring a post-apocalyptical Waiting For Godot-type featurelessness to his muse. It is a tremendous album - Julian Cope, Head Heritage

HERE

6 comments:

  1. Is there a password for this file? Your blog has a lot of great stuff but some files won't open for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SO STRANGE, I THINK SOMEONE IS SABOTAGING MY FILES AND PASSWORDING THEM, THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF? ITS JUST A BUMMER UPLOADING THE SAME FILE BUT I'LL GET ROUND TO IT NEXT DAY OR TWO, DEFINITELY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just downloaded this again and it opened without a password!?! (i made sure i signed out of my divshare account first just incase) the only thing i can think of for this is the application you are using to unzip files, what are you using cos this only happens to a few people and if you look at the amount of people downloading the same file with no problem (unless they are'nt leaving a comment to tell me they have the same problem) then thats the only conclusion i can come to. does this only happen to you with this blog, maybe i'll just start uploading to zshare cos it may be something to do with divshare being shit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird. I'll try downloading again... maybe my download was incomplete or got corrupted. I normally use WinRar but I also tried the Windows XP compressed folder viewer when that didn't work. Hopefully if I just download again it will work.

    Thanks again for all the great music that has worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. still had the same problem. i'll give it a shot at work tomorrow... maybe it's something specific to my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello - do you have "deeper than the night" lp? it came out 4-5 years ago, on vynil, white cover w/faces on the bottom. if you do have it, could you please post it? thank you.

    ReplyDelete